When asked by The New York Times “What book should every business executive read?”, Sheryl Sandberg – COO of Facebook and author of the new book “Lean In”, answered “Conscious Business” by Fred Kofman, Co-Founder and Academic Board President of Axialent.
Conscious business, explains Fred Kofman, means shining awareness on every area of your work: in recognising the needs of others and expressing your own; in seeing the hidden emotional obstacles that may be holding your team back; in making good decisions under pressure; and even in delving into such spiritual questions as “Who am I?” and “What is my real purpose here?”
In Conscious Business, this visionary teacher and consultant to Google, Microsoft, Yahoo! and other leading companies presents the complete training manual in the breakthrough techniques he has shared with over 20,000 executives on four continents.
- Take responsibility for their lives
- Don’t compromise human values for material success
- Speak their truth with honesty and respect
- Listen to others with humility
- Resolve disagreements attending to all concerns
- Honor commitments impeccably
- Accept their emotions and express them constructively
These concepts are common sense, but they are not common practice; they challenge deep-seated assumptions we hold about ourselves, other people, and the world, and require a fundamental shift in consciousness.